Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Benni Missing


photo by Shannon Mucha

Benni had been with us for 12 years, I hardly know America without her. On Sunday night she didn't come in for dinner. We searched the woods around us for hours, put up fliers, called and visited neighbors, but she has disappeared. She was about 15 and had been sleeping a lot recently. Even though we didn't expect her to live much longer to have her just disappear and be gone, a whole part of our life over so suddenly, is just so sad.

We have heard of dogs who go off to die, and it would be in her character to not want to bother us with a messy death. I can't believe that she went out of our door one day and never came home. I love you Benni, the Rocket Dog. I miss you on your bed and wandering around our house. I will always love you and remember you as the best dog we could have ever had.

She had a good life, I am glad we gave that to her.