Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Summer plans

Since getting my digital camera I have been lazy about writing. Mark really wants me to get back to writing as the original point of the blog was for us to record our life.

We have been working towards the end of school. My mother is coming to visit with my aunt May 28 and we are taking June and July off. So we wanted to get as much finished as possible before then.

Matthew is done with phonics museum and geography. He is on track to complete Math, Bible and literature by next week. That leaves grammar trailing. He will still have about 7-8 chapters left to do when school starts up. Spanish, Greek and art are all on their own paths with no real correspondence to a school year.

The plan is that in June we entertain the relatives (we have a big plan) and I go to California for an art course. In July we will do lots of arts and crafts and the fun activities from the book ‘Slow & Stead Get Me Ready’. Then in August we will do grammar, review all the 1st grade spelling tests in phonics museum, do a handwriting course and a ‘learn to type in a week’ program we purchased a while back and to do more arts and crafts.

Then in September Matthew will start 2nd grade for all subjects (bar a few grammar lessons from 1st grade he will have left to complete).

I am still debating what to do with Lily in the Fall. In the summer she will do all our arts and crafts and possibly complete her preschool book. I am in no hurry with her. She learns in a different way to Matthew.