Monday, May 16, 2005

Time in the City

Our trip to Houston was (to use Mark’s wording) OUTSTANDING. We packed into a short time many of the things we as a couple love to do.

We ate awesome food (I totally understand why Houston is one of America’s fattest cities), stayed at the beautiful Four Seasons Hotel – we had a pool side room, we saw great theatre – Alley’s Steel Magnolias, we visited the Contemporary Art museum & Houston Craft Museum, went to the Opera – Falstaff – very funny and entertaining, spent hours at a coffee shop we use to frequent when we lived in Montrose and did I say we ate great food?

I love the city. I am glad I know Houston so well. It is a great place. The vibe is so positive and non-judgmental. I am so happy to have lived there for 9 years. I am also so happy to live in the ‘country’ now but close enough to go in wherever I want. The perfect balance.

After our time in the city we were ready to see the kids. Matthew had made a series of cards for us and the sign in the photo below. They were all glad to see us, but had fun with a relay of wonderful church folks taking care of them.

It is nice to get away, to be somewhere completely different so we can enjoy coming home.