Thursday, March 03, 2005

intro to my art

I have not written much on my art in this space yet. I don’t own a digital camera to take pictures of my work, and it seems that a description would not really be helpful. I have asked my husband for a digital camera for my birthday, which is April14. I have a regular camera, but I have to remember to develop the photos and then scan them in... too many steps!

I am primarily working with some photos of my grandparents taken during WWII. Collage, mixed media – acrylic, gesso, paper, tissue paper on canvas and wood. I like lots of colo. I include words in my collages, either written with black pen or on contact paper, pasted on.

I just submitted 2 canvases to a gallery in Marfa, Texas on a theme of the relationship of money to art. Next I am mailing 2 canvases to Somerset Studio Magazine (one of those pieces has an image of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, the other my sister in law when she was a girl).

I am thinking of ways to work with Christian imagery/words. So watch this space.